Contractor and Remodeler Business Success Workshop #6
Production Workshop For Contractors and Remodelers
You Sold It, Now You Have To Build It!
Note: This is Workshop #6 of a 6-Workshop Business Training Program for Remodelers, Home Improvement Contractors, Sub Trades and Builders
Date: Monday, March18, 2013
Time: 1:00-4:00 PM
***Free Lunch and Learn Session for attendees from 12:00-1:00 PM
Location: National Lumber, 245 Oakland St, Mansfield, MA
Pricing: $185.00 for this workshop or $750.00 to attend all 6 workshops!
This 3 hour workshop has been approved by the Massachusetts Board of Building Regulations and Standards for 2 credit hours towards Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License Continuing Education Requirements - Course #CS-7802, Coordinator ID Number: CSL-CD-0078
You Sold It, Now You Have To Build It!
Remember the good old days before you handed over production responsibilities to your staff?
If you let your Production Manager go during the recession did doing so expose serious production issues that you then had to deal with?
Are you tired of baby sitting high paid carpenters, chasing down materials that should already be on the job, just to keep them busy?
Maybe it’s time to go back to the basics and add a few industry best practices to help protect profits during production
Production is not a place to make money!
In fact, it’s often a place where contractors lose money. One mistake of the kind that you could easily offset back in the days of big and plentiful jobs, such as ordering the wrong vanity or tile color, can eat away at profit margins in today’s market. Small jobs can further compound losses if employees can’t shift to alternate or “floater” tasks and must pack up and relocate to another project. On small jobs, one mistake can eat all the profit and can even cost you money to finish the job. Plus, lost hours and days mean less production, scheduling problems and less earned gross profit.
Eliminate the Punch List?
Wouldn't it be great if you could totally eliminate the punch list so there are no unexpected surprises at the end of what you thought was a satisfactory construction or remodeling job? No delays on collecting your final payment? Shawn McCadden will show you how you can avoid any surprises through the use of strategic Pre-construction meetings and Pre-completion meetings. Properly used, these meetings can help make sure everyone will have a clear understanding of what to expect during construction and how everyone, including the homeowner, can work together towards a mutually successful and profitable project.
If these challenges are rearing their ugly heads in your business, this workshop will help you shift your thinking and planning methods.
Plus, you get the tools you need to implement changes right away!
By Attending This Workshop You Will:
- Learn how your sales process and your proposal can help improve production results and profits
- How your estimating process and your estimate’s format can help your team plan and build the project on their own
- Learn about Pre-Staging projects, how to it and the benefits if done well
- Learn what a Pre-Construction meeting is, how to do one and how it can help you make more money and get more referrals
- Get a free sample Pre-Construction meeting form and learn how to customize it for your business and customer type
- Learn what a Quality Control Pre-Completion Meeting is, how to do one and how it can help eliminate the Punch List and help you collect your final payment
- Get a free sample Pre-Completion Quality Control Checklist Form and learn how to use it.
- Learn the differences between a Production Manager Driven System and a Lead Carpenter System so you’ll know which one is best for you and your business
- Learn about company organizational chart options that can help the owner delegate some hats to the right employees and help the business grow in a profitable evolution.
- Learn how a true Lead Carpenter System:
- Can be more cost-effective than a production manager-driven system
- Can help free the owner up from production activities so he/she can concentrate on other areas of the business
- Get a free written job description for a Lead Carpenter
- Learn how to get your team to finish the job before the tools, equipment and the team leave for the next job
- Learn about a simple profit sharing plan for field staff
If your current production strategy isn't working, this workshop is for you!
Rather work one-on-one with a coach to help you?
Contact Shawn to find out how he helps remodelers and other construction related businesses all over the country achieve the business and personal results they desire. If you're not earning and keeping enough money for your retirement yet he can help you change things.
Registration is required to attend these workshops and space is limited
This workshop and the Contractor Business Success Program are brought to you by The Contractor Coaching Partnership and Shawn McCadden