How many CEU Credits are needed to renew a CSL License in Massachusetts?
In July of 2011 the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety announced that it was requiring continuing education (CEUs) for renewal of all CSL license types in Massachusetts.
A Massachusetts licensed construction supervisor (CSL) must acquire a certain number of continuing education hours each 2 year renewal period based upon the specific CSL license category of the licensee.
- The maximum number of CSL credit hours required for any given MA CSL licensee is 12 hours, regardless of how many Massachusetts CSL categories appear on the license card.
- Depending on your CSL license type you will need a minimum of 5 required topic credit hours and the balance of required hours can come from approved elective courses.
- A person who is licensed in a MA CSL specialty category, whether one, two or all six special CSL categories, needs only to achieve the requisite 6 hours of continuing education credit to renew all of the MA CSL specialty licenses that person holds.
Breakdown of MA continuing education credit hours needed depending on license type:
- MA Unrestricted Construction Supervisors (identified as Construction Supervisor License on the license Card) must attain at least 12 hours of continuing education credit (7 required topic credit hours and 5 elective)
- MA Restricted Construction Supervisors (identified as 1 and 2 Family License on the license card) must acquire at least 10 hours (7 required topic credit hours and 3 elective)
- MA Specialty Construction Supervisors must acquire at least 6 hours of credit. (5 required topic credit hours and 1 elective)
Specialty categories include the following license types:
- Windows / Siding;
- Solid Fuel Burning; and
Click here to find out what course subject matter categories are required for each license type so you can be sure you take the right CSL CEU classes you will need to renew your license.