"Don't Underestimate Your Estimating System" Workshop
Get your Remodeling Business Ready for profitable growth
Don’t Underestimate What Your Estimating System Could Do For Your Business
This workshop is for businesses and their employees already producing at least $750K-$1M per year and who are also ready to go to the next level of business growth using industry best practices. This workshop will be an information packed, organized and interactive discussion. Be prepared to share and expand your vision about growing your business; and to take plenty of notes!
If you are seeking to get your business ready for the anticipated growth and profit opportunities predicted for the remodeling and residential construction industry your estimating system should be a top priority. Without an accurate estimating system, and knowing the right numbers to use, your business could be buying jobs instead of selling them. And, without the information your team needs to build on their own, you and your sales staff will be constantly interrupted answering questions, and or blaming production for low margins and or losing money.
Estimating is much more than tallying up the materials needed and best guessing how many man hours the job will take. It’s also about knowing things like how to determine your true labor costs for each hour, how to cover non-billable time, and what markup you need to use to both cover overhead and make a profit
Estimating is also the time to start gathering and strategically organizing the information the production team will need to build from after the job is sold. With the right estimating approach production will already have most of what it needs to schedule the job, assign the right size crew for the right number of days, order materials, line up the subs and protect the planned profit sold with the job.
Learning Objectives of This Powerful Workshop:
- Learn how to determine your critical estimating numbers including labor rates, general supplies factor, markup and margin.
- Learn how and what info you need to collect at the job site, and from your prospect, before you sit down to estimate.
- Learn how to quickly and accurately estimate for profit, and have confidence in your selling prices.
- Learn how to write proposals that help you sell, manage client expectations, collect your money, guide your production team and protect planned profits.
- Learn how your estimate and proposal can help speed up the process of creating a job handoff package, transfer the job to production and set the production team up for success.
- Learn critical considerations for creating and using a job costing system to help you improve estimating, identify production inefficiencies and protect planned profits.
Registration required to attend - please choose a date on the Course Calendar page.