May 15, 2014 Hands-on Estimating Workshop for Contractors
In Berlin CT at Harvey Building Products
Hands-on Estimating Workshop for Residential Contractors
Hosted By Harvey Building Products
Brought To You By Shawn McCadden
And The Contractor Coaching Partnership
Hands-on Estimating Workshop
Looking for a better, faster and more accurate way to do estimating?
Already have a laptop and some Excel experience?
Then this hands-on workshop is for you!
Don’t Underestimate What Your Estimating System Could Do For Your Business
Many contractors look at estimating simply as a way to determine the cost of a project. Then, when the project is sold, most have to estimate the project all over again just to get a materials list and figure out how long things will take so they can create a project schedule.
There Is A Better Way!
Being strategic about the process you use to collect and document project information when selling to customers can really make a big difference for your business. Having the right tools and knowledge to help you get it done will be essential. Having the right tools for the job can help you make much more money!
The Workshop Will Include:
4 MA CSL Continuing Education Credits
- 2 Business Practices, 2 Electives
- Class #CS7809, Coordinator #CD0078
USB Jump Drive Preloaded With:
- The FREE Estimating Templates
- Excel Worksheets to help you calculate your burdened labor rates and your markup
- Other Valuable Tools and Information
- Learn how successful contractors make more money because of how they do their estimates
- Learn how to make sure everything is in your estimate so you won’t lose money
- Learn several simple and easy ways you can speed up your estimating process
Introduction and Overview of the FREE Estimating Templates Provided:
- General Use Template
- Roof Estimate Template
- Siding Estimate Template
- Window Replacement Estimate Template
Examples of Creative Uses of Templates:
- Discover how creating your own templates can speed up your estimating
- Learn how templates can provide the strategic information your entire team needs to maximize and protect profits
- Explore ways to create and control the amount and appearance of information you share with employees and customers
Tips for Creating and Working With Estimates and Estimating Templates
- Hands On Exercises to help you quickly learn how to use the free templates
- Learn how to quickly create impressive proposals and sub contractor agreements from your estimates
Creating Real Estimates Using the Templates
- Attendees will create real estimates using the templates
- Hands on assistance from the instructor to make sure you are successful
- Leave with the tools and the knowledge you need to properly price jobs
- Leave the workshop ready to estimate and sell your next project!
Important: Bring your own laptop and even a second monitor if you have one
***Attendees are required to bring their own laptop computer to the class. Your computer must have Microsoft Excel 2007 or a more recent version. You must be able to work with the Microsoft Excel software loaded on your computer. Please note that this is NOT an Excel training seminar.
We will provide electrical connections for your computer.