April 9, 2014 National Lumber CSL Renewal Credits Class
This Class Good For 6 Credits
"Estimating, Pricing and Producing Successful Projects"
Sponsored By National Lumber
Brought To You By Shawn McCadden And The Contractor Coaching Partnership
This Course is for Contractors Looking to Improve Their Businesses,
Estimating, Pricing and Producing Successful Construction Projects
This interactive workshop will introduce you and your business to the critical information needed to make sure you are properly estimating and pricing your projects for profitability. It will also include strategies you can use to successfully delegate construction projects to production employees so they can profitably complete projects on their own with the information created during the sales and estimating process.
Being strategic about the process you use to collect and document project information when selling to customers and estimating project costs can really make a big difference for your business.
Done right, the estimating process can:
- Help you sell
- Help you sell at higher margins
- Provide production staff the information they need
- Make project scheduling much easier
- Help protect planned profits while producing those projects.
- Improve project quality and customer satisfaction
Learning Objectives: By completing this workshop you will be able to:
- Determine the markup your business needs to use when pricing projects to ensure your ability to cover project and overhead expenses and maintain planned net profit.
- Understand how to determine your company’s gross profit margin requirement and how sales volume and gross profit margins are interdependent.
- Know the difference between cash and accrual accounting and which one to use for your business.
- Understand and use a variety of options for better managing cash flow.
- Take advantage of many benefits that can come from strategic estimating.
- Use your estimate to help create project payment schedules that improve your cash flow and give your customer confidence about making payments.
- Create proposals that help you sell, differentiate your business, protect profits and manage customer expectations.
- Use your sales process and your proposal to help improve production results and profits.
- Make sure your team has what they need to install/build projects profitably and on their own.
- Take advantage of the Pre-Staging of projects.
- Learn what a preconstruction meeting is, how to do one and how it can help you make more money and get more referrals
- Learn what a Quality Control Precompletion Meeting is, how to do one and how it can help eliminate the Punch List and help you collect your final payment
- Make more money in less time and have more fun doing so!